- City: Sheffield
- County: South Yorkshire
- Police Incident Number: 518 of 28 December, 2012
- Police Force: South Yorkshire Police 0114 220 2020
- Listed: January 25, 2013 1:22 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
The medals were stolen from the home of a Second World War veteran.
The owner is 90 years old and his distressed family are desperate for the return of his medals:
– a 1939-45 War Star,
– a Burma Star,
– a Second World War defence medal and
– War medal for the Second World War
When stolen, the medals were all mounted together.
The old soldier, who does not want to be named, served in the jungles of Burma and was Mentioned in Dispatches for gallantry after he risked his life to keep open telephone communications while under fire from the Japanese.
Although the medals were stolen last December, so far there has been no trace of them.
Have you been offered medals similar to the ones photographed?
If you have, contact South Yorkshire Police on: 101 and quote incident number 518 of 28 December, 2012.